Groups at Winchester House, Elgin
Mondays: 12.30pm – 2pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10am – 11:30am and 12.30pm – 2pm
Wednesdays: 10am – 11.30am
Groups at St Leonard’s Church Hall, Forres
Wednesdays: 9.45am-11.15am and 12:15pm-1.45pm
Please contact us to book your place:
Phone 01343 544628 or Email email@example.com
Step by Step provides safe friendly groups for parents and children from birth to 3 years. We encourage enjoyment through play, story time and singing to help build good relationships and help parents cope with the challenges of family life. Family Workers also give individual support if needed.
There are some things we ask families to do, to make sure our groups run smoothly and we all have fun together.
Please help us by keeping in mind….
- Each family attends one group each week, unless by special arrangement with a Family Worker
- Parents are responsible for their own child at all times at Step by Step
- Parents are expected to join in the play activities we offer. Singing and story-telling are important parts of language development in young children
- We provide a healthy snack and encourage families to share this social time together. We provide for food allergies or intolerances by arrangement and ask parents not to bring food or drinks to groups unless already agreed.
- We provide good quality age-appropriate toys. Families are reminded to take care of them to ensure they last and are available for future children too
- Parents are encouraged to be considerate, understanding and welcoming of each other and to include new families who may feel anxious at first
- We celebrate every child’s birthday at group sessions with a card and a song
- Children will sometimes need a change of clothes for some activities. We will let you know about this beforehand
- Mobile phones should be used for emergency calls only while at Step by Step
- Families should not attend if their child is or has been ill to prevent the spread of infection
- We are equipped for children aged up to 3 years, to ensure their safety we don’t allow older children to attend
- Our regular groups run during school term times with a reduced service in the holidays
- We use our closed Facebook page to keep in touch with families, please always use it wisely and with consideration for others. Only parents who currently attend our groups are included
- We take care to ensure all children are safe at all times, if anyone has concerns, they should report these to a Family Worker or our ‘Child Protection designated person’ – Carleen Broad on 07717 231013
- We usually have donated food, nappies, hand knitted baby clothes and other useful items available for Step by Step families – parents can help themselves to these or speak to a Family Worker about your needs
- We are an independent charity and by successfully applying to Charity Funders we can provide our services free of charge. Donations and fundraising efforts are very welcome.
Step by Step set the maximum number of families per group at 12. This allows our families to worry less about how busy the group is and enables staff and volunteers to spend more time with families. Many families will remain with us until their child begins nursery at 3 years old.
Due to this, we have a high demand for our places and are operating a waiting list for families who are looking to join us. Waiting times vary; please contact us for further information.
Step by Step can offer one to one support for parents when it’s needed.